Tuesday, May 18, 2010

For now...

This week has been full of everything from sadness to joy.

A friend, Erin, from college just lost her younger (and only) brother to suicide. So final...and such a terrible, tragic loss. The one slightly bright side is that through this tragedy, our little circle of girls will be reuniting to support Erin at the prayer service tomorrow evening.

Avery attended his first buddy birthday party on Sunday. The birthday boy's family rented an inflatable Mickey Mouse play center that was comparable in size to my first apartment. Oh, what fun they had! Mama even climbed in to jump with the kids! Somehow my camera has been absent from my arms over the last few months...I'm regretting that more and more every day.

Matt's parents arrive Thursday evening for a visit. We've all tried to live healthier in the last 4-6 months, and the proof is clearly visible in Matt and his parents (I, on the other hand, just seem to grow, grow, grow!). Saturday they will test themselves at Fargo's marathon...though they will only be taking on the 10 K.

Eek! I still have carpets to steam clean, bed linens to freshen, bathrooms to scrub, and a kitchen to organize before they arrive!

So, this little snippet of an update will have to do until I get this laundry list of chores finished.

Ah crap - nearly forgot about the laundry...Better get moving!

No comments: